The Town of Oneida and Scott County offer competitive tax rates for residents. Tennessee is one of only nine states without a state income tax, and the state constitution requires balanced budgets to prevent taxpayer debt from becoming overbearing.
According to the Tax Foundation, Tennessee’s “Tax Freedom Day” in 2010 was April 1, the day when residents have earned enough money to pay off their total tax bill for the year. Of the nine states bordering Tennessee, none had an earlier Tax Freedom Day in 2018 (April 5).
- Oneida Property Tax: $1.03 per $100 assessed value
- Scott County Property Tax: $2.37 per $100 assessed value ($2.88 for property owners inside the Oneida Special School District)
- Scott County Wheel Tax: $30
- Sales Tax: 7% (state); 2.25% (local)
- State Personal Tax: 6% on interest and dividends